The level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is a regulated qualification based on the HSE training standard for delivery of Emergency First Aid at Work for the purpose of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
It is a regulated qualification which enables employers to fulfil their legal responsibility to provide quality first aid training without having to undertake any lengthy due diligence checks.
To enable individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in the workplace or in voluntary and community first aid, to gain the competencies and knowledge required to give safe, prompt and effective first aid in emergency situations.
How long is the course?
This qualification has 1 unit and has 6 guided learning hours.
What is the maximum number of learners allowed on one course?
There is a maximum number of 12 learners allowed on one course.
Can anyone attend the course?
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training but cannot be a first aider in the workplace until they are 16.
Unit 1 Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
How is the qualification assessed?
Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course
1) Theory paper consisting of 15 question paper (minimum score 11)
2) Practical assessment - 4 completed throughout the course
The qualification is valid for 3 years and requalification is to attend and successfully complete the same course before the date of expiry.
For more information and details on prices please email:
or call us on 07801 263168
"The course was relevant to my job, and very well taught"
"The approachable friendly tutor made it easy for me to learn"
"Tina was outstanding as a first aid instructor with both practical and theory"
"I felt I could ask as many questions as I liked in a relaxed atmosphere"
"Tina was excellent at delivery, and all the handouts were great"
"Very good method of teaching"
"I felt welcome, the teaching was clear and Tina provided excellent explanations"