Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This course has been developed for those people who are working with children and babies. It is ideal for school and nursery staff, child minders, crèche assistants, parents and grandparents and provides basic first aid knowledge and skills.
Note: This qualification DOES NOT fulfil Ofsted’s first aid requirements for Early Years training, teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide.
How long is the course?
This qualification contains 1 mandatory unit and is 6 contact hours.
What is the maximum number of learners allowed on a course?
There is a maximum number of 12 learners allowed on one course
Can anyone attend?
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
How is the course assessed?
- Theory assessment/multiple choice question paper: 1 x 15 question paper (minimum score 11)
- Practical assessment – 5 completed throughout the course
This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years. Requalification is to attend and successfully complete the same course before the date of expiry.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Be able to assess an Emergency Situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and child who is unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and child with external bleeding
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and child who is suffering from shock
- Know how to administer first aid to an infant and child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
For more information and details on prices please email:
or call us on 07801 263168
"The course was relevant to my job, and very well taught"
"The approachable friendly tutor made it easy for me to learn"
"Tina was outstanding as a first aid instructor with both practical and theory"
"I felt I could ask as many questions as I liked in a relaxed atmosphere"
"Tina was excellent at delivery, and all the handouts were great"
"Very good method of teaching"
"I felt welcome, the teaching was clear and Tina provided excellent explanations"