This qualification is for people who have a specific interest or responsibility in voluntary and community activities such as sports.
Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN): 600/7866/2
How long is the course?
The course is 12 hours minimum and contains 2 mandatory units with a total value of 2 credits.
What is the maximum number of learners allowed on a course?
There is a maximum of 12 allowed per tutor.
Can anyone attend?
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of training.
What topics are covered?
1. Role and responsibilities of a first aider.
2. Assess an incident
3. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally recovery position
4. Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
5. Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking 5.1
6. Manage a casualty with external bleeding
7. Manage a casualty who is in shock
8. Manage a casualty with a minor injury
Learning outcomes – Unit 2:
1. Conduct a secondary Demonstrate a secondary survey:
2. Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and recognise and manage common types of: • Fractures • Dislocations • Sprains • Strains
3. Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head, neck and back injuries
4. Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest and abdominal injuries
5. Administer first aid to a casualty with thermal injuries
6. Administer first aid to a casualty with eye injuries
7. Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
8. Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylactic shock
9. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illnesses including
10. Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
How is the course assessed?
Formative assessment conducted by Trainer throughout the course
• Theory assessment/multiple choice question paper: 1 x 16 question paper (minimum score 11) 1 x 30 question paper (minimum score 21)
• Practical assessment – 6 completed throughout the course
The Learner receives 2 certificates on achieving this qualification: The qualification and the list of the units in the qualification.
This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years. The Learner needs to retake the qualification before the certificate expiry date to remain qualified.
For more information and details on prices please email:
or call us on 07801 263168
"The course was relevant to my job, and very well taught"
"The approachable friendly tutor made it easy for me to learn"
"Tina was outstanding as a first aid instructor with both practical and theory"
"I felt I could ask as many questions as I liked in a relaxed atmosphere"
"Tina was excellent at delivery, and all the handouts were great"
"Very good method of teaching"
"I felt welcome, the teaching was clear and Tina provided excellent explanations"